Wednesday, April 22, 2009

At Dawn A Reoccuring Dream











This old grotesquerie again! Prints from my thesis return from their portfolio graves. At last I am no longer tired of looking at them. I felt they deserved a voice in my artistic advertisement on this blog. I worked long and hard for hours and hours to create the 30 separate images representing my undergraduate thesis. Here are 5 of those 30 images. All of the images are intaglio prints, and I used various facets of that medium for each print. One subject or motivation behind this series is an attempt to connect with the collective unconscious through a meditative relationship with a small copper plate. Marking, scratching , and experimenting for hours. I have my own interpretations of each image, but I leave it up to my audience to discover their own.




No comments:

Post a Comment