Friday, May 22, 2009

Old collage notebook











These collage pieces are from a collage notebook I started a few years back. I stopped after about a week because it became irritating, and I never returned. Regardless, I believe this excursion into stitching images together was a lesson in developing a better understanding of composition and color relationships, and it must have helped me in some way because I've kept the notebook. Of all the artwork I've thrown away over the years, this notebook (which I can only take credit for the pasting) has remained. I suppose it has a relationship to printmaking, and I can see how this experiment could have developed my interest in chine colle. But in the end I think it was just another way to defeat artist's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment